Pages

Friday 17 June 2016

Nick Cannon drops emotional song ''Divorce Papers'' about Mariah Carey

Nick Cannon sent his best wishes to his ex Mariah Carey when she got engaged to billionaire James Packer and has since had to deny he's holding up their divorce. Now,  he's dropped an eye-opening freestyle called 'Divorce Papers'.

In it, 35-year-old Nick vents on the track and opens up about how difficult he finds their situation as Maria has moved on. The America's Got Talent host also sang about their twins Monroe and Moroccan, and how they have coped with their parents break up saying:

    “We single now but we really need to think about is how a child deals/ how a child feels/ because we got two and they brilliant for real/ resilient for real''.

    “My daughter said daddy why your eyes in tears/ because last time I dropped your
    brother off I didn't get a call the next day and it felt like years/ and Ima be honest/ sometimes I hate to hear you're on the other line having fun without me/ I wonder if my son will ever doubt me.../ What's love I don't care about it I just want my kids to be safe.” you would think that it's just about his split from Mariah Carey and while it undeniably touches on their divorce, there are other elements to the honest track too.


 On why he released the song, Nick told KarenCivil:

    “My purpose for creating this ‘Divorce Papers’ freestyle was not to feed the tabloid chatter, or even to diffuse it. This was strictly a creative way for me to express my frustrations with the media, the naysayers, myself and ultimately with the voices in my head.

    “My ex and I are in a great place and are diligently moving things along so we both can continue to be happy. I am happy for her and all her new endeavours, both personal ones and professional ones.

    “I sincerely hope the media doesn't once again try to manipulate my words or my purpose for releasing this song.

    "As the world knows, I am an open book and I'm proud of that. When it comes to expressing myself, I take the fearless approach and that's what I chose to do here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Econsguide